Sunday, April 4, 2010

FoW Steppes House

In Flames of War it's important that any buildings you have on the table be able to house a number of infantry stands appropriate for the building's size. Sine all of my 15mm buildings are solid resin or plastic, I thought it might be a good idea to start working on some appropriate terrain for FoW. This is my first attempt, a steppes house. Although I don't have any good references for Finnish buildings, I'm guessing that something close to what my sources for Russian buildings show would be appropriate. I modeled this building from 1/8" Baltic birch plywood which I cut with my laser. The removable thatched roof is modeled from teddy-bear fur stiffened with watered down PVA glue. I designed this building to house 2-3 infantry stands on medium size bases. My thoughts were having the pattern available for the laser, I could use it as a basis for a couple of ruined/burned-out buildings of similar footprint. The stucco texture was applied by dusting the assembled house with faux-stone textured spray paint over which I applied the base stucco color and a dry-brush to bring out the detail.  Below are some photos with my Finnish figures to help show the scale of the building. Sorry for the blurry interior photo, I think I moved a bit as the shutter snapped.

No comments: