Wednesday, May 18, 2011

British Grenadier Firing Template

I was contacted last week by a gentleman who plays a lot of British Grenadier who wanted a firing template for the game made from Baltic Birch plywood. Using a sketch that he provided of what he wanted this is what I came up with. It's simple, functional and if you like the look of wood as much as I do you'll also find it ascetically pleasing. This is in it's raw state. After a quick sand with 300-grit paper and a coat of your favourite wood finish it really pops.

If you're interested in buying some, they're available on my business website here: http://www.wrightbrothersrc.com/wargaming/index.htm

If you have any other laser cut or engraved wargaming ideas, I'm always open to new custom work. Just drop me an email!

5 comments:

Andy McMaster said...

Hi,

That looks interesting. What is the width at the bottom? Was it designed for 15 or 25mm?

Might be tempted by a couple of these. I'll drop a post about it over on the BG forums.

Andy

Iowa Grognard said...

Looks like a good product, will be interested in the bottom width.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

I'll measure it up when I get home. It's designed for 28mm figures. I believe the bottom width is about 37mm, but I will check the CAD tonight.

Andy McMaster said...

Is the depth designed for the 28mm musket range? Would it be easy to do one for 15mm?

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

The width across the base is 37mm.

I could do them for 15mm, but the text on them would have to be smaller.