Wednesday, September 18, 2013

28mm Carthaginian Generals

A Carthaginian army isn't any good without some leadership. These Carthaginian generals are primarily Old Glory figures with the exception of the Hannibal figure on the white horse. He's either a Renegade figure or a Crusader figure, I don't remember. I added a standard bearer to Hannibal's stand to indicate that it's an army commander while the others represent wing commanders. I felt a rose colored cape was particularly fitting for the flamboyant chap on the right.

Apologies for the poor photo quality. Light in the mornings in the fall months isn't very good. Unfortunately by the time I get home from work the sun is already either setting or it's already dark, so this is the best I can do until I finally give up and return to the winter method of using the indoor photo booth. 
















The back of each base has a magnetic strip added to allow me to put different magnetized labels on them according to what the scenario requires. These can be simple names or names and statistics depending on the rules I'm using for the game.


I also based up two Gaul officers that I purchased from Ebay. These came with the soldiers I posted about last week. There weren't enough to make a full base of cavalry with so they seemed like good candidates for Gaul officers. Possibly later when I paint up my Gaul officer figures these will find themselves relocated onto a combat stand. For now they'll be fine as command figures.



6 comments:

Scott MacPhee said...

I think that Hannibal figure is Crusader. I'm not 100% sure.

Phil said...

Very nice paintjob on these generals!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Could be Crusader. I'm not sure either!

BigLee said...

Very nice. I especially like the guy with the wild eyebrows!

Sithlord2 said...

Very nice minis, I love those Carthaginians! They would look great with my City of Carthage!

Tom

The Kiwi said...

They look awesome.
cheers